Provide for Your Family and Impact Families in Great Need
Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- Use a portion of your cash, stocks or property to fund a gift annuity with FH.
- Receive a charitable deduction in the year you fund the gift annuity.
- FH invests the funds and pays a fixed income for life to you, your spouse or a person you designate (recipient is called the annuitant).
- At the annuitant's death, FH uses the remainder to bring Christ's transformative work to the most vulnerable who live in some of the world's hardest places.
That's it. No more stress over the volatility of the market, no more hassle investing the asset. We manage it and you enjoy the steady income payments.
Income to the annuitant is a fixed amount (s)he can count on for life. It's contractually secured by all the assets of FH.
Benefits of a charitable gift annuity
- Receive fixed payments to you or another annuitant you designate for life
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity
- Benefit from payments that may be partially tax-free
- Further the charitable work of Food for the Hungry with your gift
How a charitable gift annuity works
A charitable gift annuity is a way to make a gift to support Food for the Hungry.
- You transfer cash or property to Food for the Hungry.
- In exchange, we promise to pay fixed payments to you for life. The payment can be quite high depending on your age, and a portion of each payment may even be tax-free.
- You will receive a charitable income tax deduction for the gift portion of the annuity.
- You also receive satisfaction, knowing that you will be helping further our mission.
If you decide to fund your gift annuity with cash, a significant portion of the annuity payment will be tax-free.
You may also make a gift of appreciated securities to fund a gift annuity and avoid a portion of the capital
gains tax. Please contact us to inquire about other assets
that you might be able to use to fund a charitable gift annuity.