Gifts of Stock (and other securities)
It's a Simple Process.
2 Easy Steps:
- Contact us for our broker information.
-Talk with our Planned Giving and Major Gift Officer, Craig A. Heppner, CAP®, at email@example.com or 480-609-7827.
- FH will provide you with an acknowledgement letter and Form 8283. You can then use this information when you are filing your federal tax return in order to receive the tax benefits.
A Better Way to Give
You'll Love to See:
Malnourished kids get a complete diet.
The "good news" of Christ's love being shared with the poor both in word and deed.
HIV transmission prevented, care for those with AIDS.
That's why you give. But are you making your gift in the wisest way possible? Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. You'll still get the charitable deduction, plus you won't lose any of an appreciated stock's value to capital gains tax.
Improve the Stock You Love as You Give It!
Maybe you love your long-held appreciated stock, but dislike the thought of losing so much value to capital gains tax when you're ready to sell it. Consider this solution...
- Transfer the appreciated stock.
- FH uses the full value of your stock, tax free, to help the most vulnerable.
- Realize the charitable deduction when you file.
- Take the savings realized from your charitable deduction, plus some of the cash you normally would have given, and buy more of that favorite stock you gave at a new cost basis. This way you both give and replace the stock with an improved cost basis!
Gift Using Actual Stock Certificates
If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to use two envelopes to complete your gift.
In the first, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this from your broker or bank.
Please remember to use certified mail. Mail them to FH, Planned Giving 1224 E. Washington St. Phoenix AZ 85034.